• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to the area of Western Avenue for a citizen dispute. Following an investigation, John J. Barrett, 26, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with simple assault.
• The Brattleboro Criminal Investigation Division received a report of inappropriate acts with a female under 18 both in Guilford and Brattleboro approximately one year ago. The investigation also determined that Blake Dowley, 21, of Newfane, had conducted a similar act on another female. Dowley was arrested and cited with sexual assault and lewd lascivious conduct.
• At 9:30 p.m., the Winhall Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop for an expired registration on Route 30 near Kendall Farm Road. During a consent search of the vehicle, officers found 123 bags of heroin, a small amount of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. The operator of the vehicle, Charles Cleveland, 21, and his passenger Francis Furnelli, 24, both from Salem, N.Y., advised they were traveling back from the Holyoke, Mass., area prior to being stopped. Cleveland and Furnelli were subsequently arrested and cited with possession of heroin and drug trafficking.
• The Brattleboro Criminal Investigation Division received a report of an adult having sexual relations with a minor. That adult was identified as Jonathan Bundy, 20, of Brattleboro, who was arrested at the Brattleboro Transportation Center after speaking to an undercover detective who was portraying himself as that minor via social media. Bundy was cited with sexual assault on a minor. Bundy was cited for sexual assault with a minor, contributing to juvenile delinquency, lewd lascivious conduct, and soliciting a minor via electronic means.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Putney Road for a report of violent, tumultuous behavior. Following an investigation, Janna Jarvis, 39, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with giving false reports to law enforcement authorities, violation of conditions, aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.