By Reformer Staff
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to a disturbance at a residence on Wellington Hill Road in Townshend. As a result, Cara L. Rodrigues, 24, of Townshend, was arrested and cited with simple assault and aggravated disorderly conduct.
• Officers with the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Putney Road for a report of a man being disorderly and threatening. As a result, Daniel Rehm, 42, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with simple assault.
• Following an investigation into a multi-vehicle crash on Putney Road on Sept. 21, the Brattleboro Police Department arrested John E. Quay, 74, of Westminster West for grossly negligent operation causing serious bodily injury.
• An officer of the Bellows Falls Police Department was behind a vehicle in traffic which appeared to be having difficulty maintaining its lane of travel. When the officer was able to catch up to the vehicle the officer witnessed this vehicle strike a parked car on Williams Street and the suspect vehicle continued driving. A traffic stop was conducted and Brenda McGowan, 59, of Bellows Falls, was arrested for DUI – criminal refusal, and leaving the scene of an accident. McGowan is due in the Windham Superior Court – Criminal Division at a later date to answer to the charges.
• At approximately 6:14 a.m. the Bellows Falls Police Department was called to a local residence for the report of a disturbance. Upon further investigation Sarah Barrett, 27, of Bellows Falls, was arrested for domestic assault. Barrett was issued a citation to appear in Windham Superior Court- Criminal Division to answer to the charge.
• At 1:55 p.m. the Vermont State Police responded to a single motor vehicle crash near the intersection of Blackmer Road and Townshend Dam Road in Wardsboro. Officer Austin Rodrigues reported that Marshall Whitman, of Vermont, drove his Toyota pickup down the road near his house and rolled it over. Wardsboro Fire and Rescue responded. Whitman was gone when the police arrived. Anyone with information on Whitman is encouraged to call 802-254-2382. The Toyota was totaled when it rolled over on Townshend Dam Road.
• At 4:30 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a home in Shady Pines Park for the report of an altercation. As a result Jason Pratt, 34, of Westminster, was cited with vandalism.
• At 1:10 p.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department responded to the Cumberland Farms on Rockingham Street for a shoplifting report. As a result, Christopher Paige, 34, of Bellows Falls, was cited with retail theft.
• At 3:30 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 30 in Dummerston for the report of a two-vehicle collision. Troopers determined Jeanne Scalza, 56, of Vernon, was traveling south when she left her lane of travel, entering the northbound lane and colliding with a vehicle being driven by Sydney Johnson, 81, of Newfane. As a result of the crash both vehicles sustained total damage. Scalza reported that she was distracted by the radio at the time of the crash. Scalza was issued a ticket for failure to stay within her lane. Neither operator reported any injuries as a result of the crash.
• At 6:30 p.m., the Vermont State Police received a report of a man who was injecting himself with a syringe while in his vehicle. Troopers located the vehicle traveling north on Interstate 91 in Westminster and conducted a traffic stop. As a result, Caleb Crum, 30, of Saxton's River, was cited with possession of heroin, possession of a depressant and cruelty to a child under 10.
• At 6:45 p.m., the Keene, N.H., Police Department responded to Kohls on West Street for a shoplifting report. As a result, Rebecca R. Allamby, 27, of Bellows Falls, was taken into custody on an arrest warrant and cited with willful concealment.
• Six vehicles were damaged in the early morning hours after a rockslide covered part of southbound Interstate 91 between Exit 6 and Exit 7. There was a partial closure of the highway to allow for clean up and to evaluate the possibility of another rockslide.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.