- On July 29, Jamie Hayward, 23, of Rockingham, was cited in Vermont Superior Court Windham Criminal Division on the charge of unlawful mischief. He will appear in court on Aug. 20.
- On July 29 at 8:09 p.m., Bellows Falls Police were called to respond to a report of an intoxicated male walking on Atkinson Street. Christopher Lanese, unknown age, unknown address, was arrested for disorderly conduct, as a result of an incident on Elm Street. Lanese was ordered held until sober with citation to appear at a later date. Lanese was transported to Southern State Correctional Facility.
- On Aug. 2, Robert Covillion, 40, of Bellows Falls, was cited for violating his court ordered conditions of release.
- On Aug. 2 at 6:35 p.m., Bellows Falls Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Laurel Avenue. The operator, Mary Grave, unknown age, unknown address, was found to have been driving with a criminally suspended license. She was arrested, then released, and cited to appear in court at a later date.
- On Aug. 2 at 6:40 p.m., Brian Baldacchino, 26, of Bellows Falls, was arrested for domestic assault. He was released on a citation to appear in Vermont Superior Court Windham Criminal Division on Aug. 5 at 12:30 p.m.
- On Aug. 3 at 9:50 p.m., Tyler McKay, 29, of Brattleboro, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- On Aug. 2, Christopher Lanese, 35, of Brattleboro, was allegedly causing property damage and cited to appear in court at a later date.
- On Aug. 5, at 12:05 a.m., Massachusetts State Police alerted Vermont State Police of a suspected DUI operator traveling northbound on I -91. Massachusetts State Police observed the vehicle cross into Vermont and stop in the passing lane of I-91 at mile marker 0.4. Massachusetts. State Police stood with the intoxicated operator, Daniel Vanderpeel, 53, of W. Chesterfield, N.H., until Vermont State Police arrived on the scene. Vanderpeel was arrested for DUI #1 and later released with a citation to appear in Windham Superior Court Criminal Division on Aug. 20 to answer to the charge.
- On July 25, Desiree Wells-Cooper, 29, of Brattleboro, was arrested on Rte. 9 in Chesterfield for operating a vehicle after license suspension subsequent.
- On July 20 at 10:08 a.m., troopers began to investigate an accident that had occurred in the Saxtons River Cemetery. Marilyn Morgan, unknown age, of Saxtons River, was walking her dog in the cemetery when the two encountered Amanda Hall, 32, of Saxtons River. Hall allegedly pulled a knife and threatened Morgan.
Later that day, troopers attempted to make contact with Hall at her residence. Hall refused to come to the door or speak with the troopers. The troopers applied for and received a warrant.
On Aug. 2 at 11 a.m., the troopers executed the warrant. Hall was taken into custody. During this time, Hall kicked a trooper in the knee and the groin. The trooper did not sustain any injuries.
Hall was transported to another facility for an evaluation. She was cited to appear in Windham County Superior Court Criminal Division for simple assault for the July 20 incident.
- On Aug. 2 at 7:41 p.m., Peter LaBelle, 52, of Manchester, Conn., was arrested for driving under the influence and processed at the Rockingham State Police Barracks. LaBelle was released to a sober party with a citation to appear in court at a later date. LaBelle was also isued a VCVC for possession of marijuana as well as a written warning for lane violation.
- On Aug. 2 at 9:49 p.m., William Krouse, 61, of Clinton, Mass. was stopped on I-91 southbound in Westminister and subsequently arrested for DUI.
- On July 24 at 7:22 p.m., Dylan O'Brien, 20, of Walpole, was arrested for illegal possession of alcohol.
- On Aug. 5 at 5:47 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a residence on Rt. 5 in Westminister for a possible drug overdose. It was determined that Katie Schulenberger, 26, of Acworth, N.H., had taken another person's prescriptions before driving to her parents' home in Westminister. Schulenberger was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and screened by a drug recognition expert. She was determined to be under the influence, cited for a DUI and released to a sober family member.
- On July 25 at 5:55 p.m., there was a two-vehicle crash. Joshua Roy, 35, of Keene, N.H., passed several cars, attempted to merge back into traffic, and was struck by Brian Luce, 45, of Winchester. There was no injuries.
If you've appeared in a police log, and the charges are later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311 ext. 7.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.