The first, at just before 3 p.m., involved a Winchester, N.H., man, Matthew J. Calder, 31. According to a press release from the Vermont State Police, Calder was traveling south in Ascutney when his vehicle traveled left before colliding with a guard rail. His vehicle continued south, onto the media and down an embankment before coming to rest in a section of trees.
Calder was transported to Ascutney Hospital where he died of his injuries.
According to another press release, Adam Vergobbe, 41, was traveling north at about 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday on Interstate 91 when his vehicle left the road and collided with a tree in the area of mile marker four.
Vergobbe was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital where he died. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with expenses; it can be found at https://www.gofundme.com/vergobbe-family-support.
The crashes remain under investigation.
Anyone who might have information on either of the crashes is urged to contact the Vermont State Police at 802-722-4600. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or text "crimes" (274637) to keyword VTIPS
- At just before midnight, the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street in Keene. As a result, Kathryn Davis, 37, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with operating a vehicle with a revoked or suspended license, possession of a controlled drug and possession of marijuana.
- On Oct. 31, the Windham County Sheriff's Office began an investigation into a domestic disturbance that occurred on Valley View Road in Vernon. As a result, Kurt Patterson was arrested for domestic assault.
- At 4 p.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department located Jason Williams, 34, of Bellows Falls, walking on Atkinson Street in the area of George Street in violation of his court ordered 24-hour curfew. As a result, Williams was arrested and cited with possession of heroin.
- The Brattleboro Police Department cited George A. Gravatt, 30, of Brattleboro with unlawful trespass after he was found in the Preston Lot on Flat Street.
- The Vermont Drug Task Force, with assistance from Vermont State Troopers and Hartford Police, executed a residential search warrant on Walsh Avenue in Hartford. The warrant was a result of an ongoing narcotics investigation involving Angela Redmond, 44, of Hartford. During a search of the residence, police located 50 bags of heroin and a small amount of cocaine. Redmond was arrested and charged with sale of crack-cocaine and later lodged at Southern State Correctional Facility for a lack of bail. Also arrested at the residence was Adam Colon, 27, of Hinsdale, N.H., who was charged with three counts of sale of heroin and possession of both heroin and cocaine. Colon was issued a citation for the above charges and was ordered to appear at Windham County Superior Court at a later date.
- At 7 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Higley Hill Road in Marlboro for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Andrew Tsanopoulos, 60, of West Dover, was traveling east at approximately 30 mph on a snow/slush covered roadway. Tsanopoulos lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a guardrail, exited off the side of the roadway and then overturned. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Tsanopoulos's vehicle was towed from the scene by Marlboro Collision of Marlboro.
- At 7:20 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 100 in Whitingham for the report of a single-vehicle rollover crash. Troopers determined Tierin A. Mayle, 29, of Whitingham, was traveling north at approximately 40 mph. As Mayle traveled into a moderate curve to the left, she began to lose control. As a result of the loss of control, Mayle traveled across the center line, across the southbound travel lane and off the roadway. Her vehicle rolled down a moderate grade before coming to rest on its passenger side. Mayle was cited with having no insurance and for operating a vehicle with tires that had limited tread depth. Heartwellville Towing towed the vehicle from the scene. The Whitingham Fire Department assisted at the scene.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.