- At 3:20 p.m., officers with the Walpole, N.H., Police Department were dispatched to Jake's Market at 51 Main St. for a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle. The on-scene investigation revealed that Deborah Clace, 64, of Saxtons River, Vt., had been walking through the parking lot when she was struck by a GMC pickup truck operated by Bryant Tullar, 25, of Walpole. Clace sustained apparent injuries to her arm and head. She was transported to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene by the Walpole Ambulance. According to police, alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor, however the cause in still under investigation. Anyone who witnessed the collision and has not already spoken with police or has any other information is asked to contact Lieutenant Justin Sanctuary Department at 603-445-2058.
- At 1 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Eastman Road in Grafton to investigate a report of a person possessing a firearm who was prohibited from doing so because of a prior conviction for a violent crime. As a result, Edward J. Arnold, 47, of Grafton, was arrested and cited.
- At 10:10 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 11 in Londonderry for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Arthur Hollinger, 29, of Rutland, was traveling west when he fell asleep. His vehicle drifted off the right side of the road before striking a highway sign and going down an embankment. He was not injured in the crash.
- During the morning hours, Vermont State Police troopers conducted a saturation patrol on Interstate 91 in Windsor and Windham counties. The purpose of the patrol was to enforce motor vehicle laws, and promote safe driving on the roadways. During the patrol, troopers made 20 traffic stops, and issued 17 violations of conditions and three warnings.
- At 1 a.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Westminster Road in Putney for expired registration. The operator, Katie Rice, 42, was found to be under the influence of intoxicants. Through investigation, it was determined that Rice had also furnished alcohol to two minors that were present inside the vehicle that had also consumed alcohol. The two underage minors were issued diversion paperwork for the offense. Rice was arrested for a second DUI and furnishing alcohol to minors.
- At 5 a.m., the Vermont State Police were notified of a motor vehicle crash with injuries on Grassy Brook Road in Brookline. At the scene troopers discovered that Samuel D. Turner, 18, of Brookline, was driving a 2002 Toyota Camry when the vehicle left the right hand side of the roadway and struck a metal pole with a mailbox attached. The pole caused severe damage to the vehicle, totaling it. While speaking with both Turner and his passenger it was learned that Turner left the roadway after trying to avoid a deer that entered the roadway. Turner and his passenger were transported and treated for lacerations and abrasions to their heads and arms. Turner was subsequently issued a ticket for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.