- Edrie Bailey, 38, of Brattleboro, will have to answer to charges of driving under the influence after the Vermont State Police reported to an accident scene on Aug. 4.
According to the police report, a call came in reporting a vehicle rollover on Black Mountain Road in Dummerston.
After police arrived, Bailey was out of the vehicle, but she later admitted to operating the car.
She showed signs of impairment on the scene, police say, and was taken to the Brattleboro barracks were she was cited and ordered to appear in Windham District Court on Aug. 17.
- Christopher Crosby, 19, homeless, was cited to appear in Windham District Court at a future date for possession of marijuana. On July 30, while patrolling the boat launch off Old Ferry Road, Brattleboro police found a vehicle parked with its lights out with four occupants. When police made contact with them, he found Crosby to be in possession of marijuana.
- Three area residents were cited for possession of marijuana in downtown Brattleboro.
Phillip Paquette, 20, Genevieve Amarante, 19, and Sara Andrews, 18, were all cited after a police investigation.
They are scheduled to appear at Vermont Superior Court.
- Troy Weeks, 36, of Brattleboro, was arrested for violating conditions of his release, after calling the Brattleboro Police Department and admitting he had been drinking.
Weeks, was cited on Aug. 4, and will have to answer to the charge in Windham County District Court.
- Sherri Reil, 39, of Brattleboro, is being cited for grand larceny after the Brattleboro Police Department conducted an investigation.
Reil allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of money from TD Bank and is scheduled to appear in Windham Superior Court to answer to the charge.
- Eric Lunde, 66, allegedly left the scene of an accident on Aug. 3 and violated conditions of release from an earlier criminal charge.
According to a Brattleboro Police Department report, Lunde left the scene of an accident near Dettman Road and Marlboro Road and was later located.
- Sage Cohen, 19, of Rockingham, was cited for shoplifting at the Label Shopper on Putney Road.
The Brattleboro Police Department answered a call about the incident on Aug. 3, and later found Cohen, who will have to answer to the charge in Windham District Court.
- Patricia LeVarn, 52, of Brattleboro was cited for trespassing at the Brattleboro Area Drop In Center on Aug. 3.
The Brattleboro Police Department reported to the Drop In Center at around 1:30 p.m. after a call came in on LeVarn, who had a no trespass warning.
She is cited to appear in Windham County District Court.
- The Vermont State Police, Brattleboro barracks, responded to a motor vehicle accident on Route 9 on July 27 just after 10 a.m.
No one was injured in the crash; both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
According to police, Erwin Ryan, 75, of West Halifax, failed to yield the right-of-way while entering Route 9 from the driveway of a residence. He pulled out in front of a vehicle driven by Stephen True, 61, of Turners Falls, Mass., who was unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
True's 1997 Ford Explorer sustained damage to the front left area and the hood. Ryan had to be extracted from his 2005 GMC Sierra pick-up truck. He was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was evaluated and found not to have any injuries. He took responsibility for the crash and was issued a ticket for failing to yield the right of way.
- Wayne Pencek, of Brattleboro, was found to be in possession of marijuana on July 30. Deputies of the Windham County Sheriff's Department issued Pencek a citation to appear in Windham District Court at a later date to answer to the charge of marijuana possession.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.