STUDENT ART MONTH CALENDAR
Monday, March 18
* 7 p.m. -- High School A Cappella "Sing-Off" concert, featuring student-run groups and BUHS Madricals, at BUHS auditorium, Fairground Road, Brattleboro. Winners will receive time in local recording studio. Admission is free. Call Patty Meyer at 802-451-3516.
Tuesday, March 19
* 7 p.m. -- BAMS Late Winter Concert (featuring bands, jazz band, chorus and Odyssey), BUHS auditorium, Fairground Road, Brattleboro.
Wednesday, March 20
* 7 p.m. -- Kurn Hattin Choral Invitational featuring seven high school and middle choral groups at Higbie Auditorium in Mayo Memorial Center at Kurn Hattin Homes in Westminster. Admission is to bring a canned good or cash donation for Our Place food shelf. Contact Lisa Bianconi at 802-721-6931 or visit www.kurnhattin.org.
Thursday, March 21
* 9:30 a.m. -- Brattleboro Music Center presents: A Special Children’s Performance of the Windham Orchestra, Latchis Theater, Main Street, Brattleboro. Featuring local student composers and musicians Cost: $2.50 per student, reservations through Windham County Schools. Contact: BMC at 802-257-4523.
Friday, March 22
* Evening -- Brattleboro Music Center Student Recitals, BMC Recital Hall, 38 Walnut St., Brattleboro. Featuring music school students performing on a variety of instruments, including voice. Free. Contact: www.bmcvt.org or 802-257-4523.
Saturday, March 23
* Morning -- Brattleboro Music Center Student Recitals, BMC Recital Hall, 38 Walnut St., Brattleboro. Featuring music school students performing on a variety of instruments, including voice. Free. Contact: www.bmcvt.org or 802-257-4523.
* 3 and 7 p.m. -- Advanced Students and Professionals from the New England Center for Circus Arts present annual spring cabaret. Inspired by spring and new beginnings, this high flying show features aerialists and acrobats, jugglers and more at New England Center for Circus Arts studio, the Cotton Mill, Brattleboro. Tickets are $12 adults, $8 kids, free for kids under 2. Contact: www.necenterforcircusarts.org or 802-254-9780.
Sunday, March 24
* 3 p.m. -- Windham Orchestra: Pathways of Imagination & Performance, Latchis Theater, Main Street, Brattleboro. Featuring student compositions and the High-School Concerto Competition Winner. Cost $15, $10 for students and seniors. Contact: www.bmcvt.org or 802-257-4523.
Tuesday, March 26
* Vermont Music Educators Association Band Festival, South Burlington High School (BUHS Band and other Vermont high school bands will perform for a panel of three collegiate judges).
Thursday, March 28
* 6 p.m. -- Oak Grove School Arts Night. Students in grades K-6 present visual art, dance, choral and instrumental music. At Oak Grove School, Moreland Avenue, Brattleboro. Contact: 802-254-3740 or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.