Vermont artists hold Open Studio Tour
WINDHAM COUNTY -- Artistic creativity and the brilliant colors of Vermont autumn go hand-in-hand this Saturday and Sunday as a statewide network of craftspeople and artists, including many in the area, welcome visitors for Vermont Fall Open Studio Weekend.
This is the second year that the Vermont Crafts Council is presenting an Open Studio tour in the fall, although the spring studio tour has been offered since 1993.
The Crafts Council publishes a free map booklet available at Vermont welcome centers and galleries that gives people an easy way to plan an individualized tour route. The map is also available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about Open Studio Weekend can be found at www.vermontcrafts.com or by calling the Vermont Crafts Council at 802-223-3380.
Tour stops in Windham County and nearby include:
* Mountain Painters and Artisans -- Many artists. Oils, watercolors, quilting, folk art. Mountain Marketplace, 5700 Route 100, Londonderry, 802-824-6555.
* Sherwin Art Glass -- Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St., Bellows Falls, 802-376-5744.
* Virginia Wyoming Pottery -- Virginia Wyoming. Stoneware tableware, clay sculpture, planters. 272 South Goddard Hill Road, Putney, 802-387-5426.
* Windmill Hill Alpaca Farm and Artisanry -- Laura Solomon. Alpaca handspun, handknit, natural colors. 842 Grassy Brook Road, Brookline, 802-348-9300.
* Brandywine Glassworks -- Nancy Gagnon and Bob Burch. Handblown glass, vases, paperweights, seconds. 5 Great Meadows Ridge, Putney, 802-387-4032.
* Laura Zindel Ceramics -- Laura Zindel. Handmade functional ceramics, original transferware. 22 Browne Court No. 120, Brattleboro, 802-254-8930.
* Orchard Street Pottery -- Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St., Brattleboro, 802- 257-1030.
* Matthew Tell Pottery -- Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter’s Road, Marlboro, 802-254-8057.
* The Turnpike Road Pottery -- Malcolm Wright. Functional pottery, abstract sculpture. PO Box 87, 88-90 Turnpike Road, Marlboro, 802-254-2168.
* The Art of Humor Gallery -- Skip Morrow. Seriously funny fine art gallery. PO Box 123, 30 Not-A Road, Wilmington, 802-464-5523.
* Green Mountain Pressed Flowers -- Ellie Roden. Pressed flower creations; originals, prints, cards and bookmarks. 32 Ray Hill Road, Wilmington, 802-464-5265.
* Eric Sprenger Fine Woodwork -- Eric Sprenger. Handmade, original, contemporary furniture. 72 Castle Hill Road, Wilmington, 802-464-8392.
* Isabelle’s Herbs and Things -- Isabelle Hadley. Kittoons, lavender, handsewn Kinsale Cloaks, woven garden fencing. 1314 VT Route 8A, Jacksonville, 802-368-7616.
* Readsboro Glassworks -- Mary Angus and K. William LeQuier, hand blown glass and glass sculpture. Glassblowing demonstrations throughout the weekend. 6954 Main St. (lower level), Readsboro, 802-423-7706.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.