The following area students have been named to the Dean's List for the 2020 spring semester at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I., for earning a GPA of 3.4 or higher:
- Connor Corbeil of Brattleboro.
- Abigail Sargent of Dummerston.
- Nathaniel Tyler of Brattleboro
- Ben Shumlin, of Putney, has been named to the 2019-20 Dean's List at Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colo. Students must earn a GPA of 3.75 or higher for this honor. Shumlin was a junior at Colorado College during the 2019-20 academic year.
- Elkanah Linder, of Townshend, has been named to the Dean's List for the 2020 spring semester at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Students must earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher for this honor. Linder is a Doctor of Pharmacy student.
- Katherine Amidon, of Vernon and a PhD student in the Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., has been selected as the 2020 Vanderbilt Prize Student Scholar. Amidon received her Bachelor of Science dual degrees in biochemistry and microbiology in 2017 from the University of Vermont, and completed an independent honors thesis on thyroid cancer biology. That fall she enrolled in Vanderbilt University School of Medicine's Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Biological & Biomedical Sciences. Her research focuses on a novel DNA repair mechanism that protects against abasic sites — a highly abundant and toxic form of DNA damage. She is co-first author of a scientific paper published last year in the journal Nature Structural and Molecular Biology and first author of a subsequent invited review, and she has contributed to two other papers in preparation for publication. Her strong academic performance and undergraduate research earned her one of five highly competitive slots in the Molecular Biophysics Training Program at Vanderbilt, and she recently received an F31 Predoctoral Fellowship from the National Institutes of Health. This year she also received the Ann Bernard Martin Award for Excellence in Graduate Research from the Department of Biological Sciences.
- Celia Feal-Staub of Putney, graduated Cum Laude after majoring in art and visual culture and anthropology at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. Feal-Staub also was named to the Dean's List for the winter semester ending in April; students must earn a GPA of 3.8 or higher for this honor. Feal-Staub, the child of Kevin R. and Lynne A. Feal-Staub of Putney, is a 2015 graduate of Putney School.
- Victoria Svec, of Dummerston, recently earned a Bachelor of Social Work cum laude from Simmons University in Boston.
The following local residents were named to the Dean's List for the 2020 spring semester at Simmons University in Boston.
- Emma Li, of Brattleboro.
- Victoria Svec, of Dummerston.
The following local residents were named to the Dean's List for the 2020 spring semester at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., for earning a GPA of at
- Laura Fryberger, of Chesterfield, N.H., a member of the Class of 2023 majoring in liberal arts.
- Hannah Oxholm, of Brattleboro, a member of the Class of 2020 majoring in psychology and Spanish & Hispanic studies.