Search / 6 results found Showing: 6 of 6
R. Kelly's manager has been convicted of threatening gunfire was about to occur at a crowded Manhattan theater preparing to show a documentary about the singer's sexual abuse of women and girls. The verdict in the case against Donnell Russell came Friday. In closing arguments, Assistant U.S. Attorney Lara Pomerantz told jurors that evidence of his guilt was overwhelming. She said phone records proved a call in December 2018 to the small theater came from Russell's Chicago home after he'd spent the day trying to stop the documentary from being shown. Defense attorney Michael Freeman said there wasn't enough evidence to prove guilt.
A Rhode Island high school basketball coach has been criminally charged by authorities who say he asked male student-athletes to remove their clothes so he could check their body fat. Aaron Thomas was charged Thursday with child molestation and sexual assault involving two students. Thomas coached boys at North Kingstown High School since the 1990s until he resigned last year. A lawyer for Thomas says that his client denies wrongdoing and that the tests bettered the athletic performance of many students. Arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 19.
The trial of R. Kelly’s manager has opened on charges that he forced the cancellation of a screening of a documentary about the singer’s sexual abuse of women and girls by calling in a threat to the crowded Manhattan theater. Prosecutor Lara Pomerantz told federal court jurors Tuesday that Donnell Russell claimed in his December 2018 phone call that someone with a gun was planning to fire on the crowd. She said in her opening statement that he called after other daylong efforts failed to block the screening. Russell's attorney countered that evidence would not prove Russell made the threat.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge privately told lawyers he would renege on a promise and imprison Roman Polanski for sexually abusing a …
An Indiana lawyer has emailed the state’s attorney general asking him to stop spreading false or misleading information about an Indianapolis doctor who performed an abortion in June on a 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio. Attorney Kathleen DeLaney sent a “cease and desist” letter Friday to Indiana Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita on behalf of obstetrician-gynecologist Caitlin Bernard, who performed the abortion on the girl. The letter says Rokita’s statements Wednesday on Fox News cast Bernard in a false light, allege misconduct and could incite violence. Kelly Stevenson, a spokesperson for Rokita's office, says he made “no misleading statements.”