A list of online resources about the coronavirus, preparedness in Vermont
These are local, state, federal and other online resources about the coronavirus and preparation for you, your family and your home.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/: Includes a "what you should know" section that addresses coronavirus issues for older people and people with chronic diseases at higher risk; steps to prevent illness; what to do when sick; symptoms; answers to common questions; situation updates for the U.S. and the world; as well as information specifically for communities, schools, and businesses, health care professionals, health departments, travel and laboratories.
- The Vermont Department of Health is the best source for local updates related to COVID-19: https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/infectious-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Vermont state website: https://www.vermont.gov/
- In an effort to facilitate increased applications to its Unemployment Insurance Claims Center, the Vermont Department of Labor has announced the creation of an electronic form and staffing increases to assist those individuals impacted as a result of COVID-19. If an individual is looking to establish an initial claim, they can contact the Department of Labor in the following ways:
Full-Service Filing of Claims: 1-877-214-3330 (individuals should try this line first)
Supplemental Initial Claim Intake: 1-888-807-7072
Electronic Form for Initial Intake: https://appengine.egov.com/apps/vt/dol/unemploymentinsuranceclaim
Department of Labor: labor.vermont.gov
For individuals looking for more information on how they may be impacted, the Department encourages them to visit labor.vermont.gov/. Further updates and information will be provided as they become available.
- The Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development https://accd.vermont.gov/ is working with other units of state government, the federal government, and non-profit organizations to identify resources to help you recover.
We are asking any Vermont business impacted by the response to the COVID-19 virus to share these impacts with the Agency through our dedicated email address: email@example.com.
- Many area Senior Centers and Senior Nutrition Program Meal Sites have made adjustments to their services. The latest information we have available can be found at seniorsolutionsvt.org/2020/03/adjustment-to-meal-sites-due-to-corvid-19-virus/. For further information on senior meals programs, please contact Nutrition and Wellness Director Wendi Germain at 802-885-2679 or WGermain@SeniorSolutionsVT.org.
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital in Brattleboro: https://www.bmhvt.org/coronavirus/
- Grace Cottage Family Health and Hospital in Townshend: The Grace Cottage website, gracecottage.org provides reliable information about COVID-19 provided by health officials in the state of Vermont and Federal governments.
- You can also call Vermont's 2-1-1 Resource Line for up-to-date information.
- For information and updates from the Town of Brattleboro visit the town's website at www.Brattleboro.org.
- The Brattleboro Reformer coronavirus update page, https://www.reformer.com/coronavirus/: All of our coverage on the coronavirus, including local, state, regional, national and world news on the outbreak.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.