Can you go the distance?
BRATTLEBORO — It's time to return to the hot seat and see how far you can go in the Brattleboro Reformer sports section's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
Feel free to use your phone-a-friend lifeline in order to go the distance, whether that means calling area sports fan Don Smead or stopping Nancy Heydinger during one of her daily jogs through town, to ask for some trivia assistance.
If you're able to bat .500 or better here, consider yourself a genius. A perfect 10-for-10 score would give you the all-time record.
With the famous game show's music being played in the background, heeeere we go...
1. Which of the following did Brattleboro's Jeremy Rounds do at the American Legion State Tournament in Colchester?
A. Hit for the cycle
B. Threw a no-hitter
C. Earned tourney MVP honors
D. Stole home
2. Vernon's Solomon Brow won the first 10 races this year at Monadnock Speedway in which division?
A. Late Model Sportsman
B. Young Guns
C. Mini Stock
D. Street Stock
3. 2019 Bellows Falls graduate Abbe Cravinho is now playing field hockey at which school?
A. Castleton University
B. Springfield College
C. Clark University
D. Norwich University
4. Which event did Brattleboro's Maggie Lonardo earn gold in at the Division 1 state track and field meet?
A. Shot put
C. 300 hurdles
D. Pole vault
5. Who was the first female finisher in the Bill Powers Memorial Firecracker 4-miler on July 4 in Brattleboro?
A. Delaney Bullock
B. Tammy Claussen
C. Sarah Gallagher
D. Sarah Lange
6. Who was named the Marble Valley League B Division Baseball Coach of the Year?
7. Who was voted the Brattleboro Reformer Male Athlete of the School Year?
8. Who won the Southern Vermont Decathlon in Westminster?
9. Which place did the Brattleboro Swim Team finish in at the district meet in Rutland?
10. Which annual Brattleboro event did Tim Morris participate in on June 9?
Answers: 1. Earned tourney MVP honors, 2. Late Model Sportsman, 3. Clark University, 4. 100, 5. Delaney Bullock, 6. Bob Lockerby, 7. Tyler Millerick, 8. DJ Snide, 9. Second, 10. Tour de Heifer bike ride.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.