Coronavirus community notes
Current changes two of its bus routes
The coronavirus pandemic has caused The Current to change two of its bus routes.
The #55 Bellows Falls-Springfield route will operate during the morning runs only and will not run afternoons until further notice.
Riders needing to go from Bellows Falls to Springfield and back may take the Route 57 bus which departs Penguin Mart at 6:35 a.m., 9:03 a.m., and 3:36 p.m. It departs the Springfield Plaza to go to Bellows Falls at 8:32 a.m., 10:56 a.m., and 5:32 p.m.
The rest of the #57 service to Ludlow remains unchanged.
The #1 In-Town Springfield Route will change on Friday, March 27, when it will run Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:44 p.m.
There will no be service on that route after 12:44 p.m. until further notice.
In the event that more route changes are necessary, visit the Facebook pages or websites, www.crtransit.org or www.moover.com, or sign up for notifications on the Transit app.
Town adjusts services, public access
In compliance with the "Stay Home - Stay Safe" order issued by Gov. Phil Scott this week, most of Brattleboro town government's non-emergency services and administrative support functions have been suspended. All town facilities remain closed to the public until further notice.
Most employees are working from home to the extent that they are able. Direct contact phone numbers and email addresses remain operational. Here are some of the details:
- Emergency services are still being provided by the Police and Fire Departments, but both departments have instituted policies that adjust their normal procedures to reflect COVID-19 best practices advice from public health experts. Onsite administrative support services at the Police and Fire Departments have been reduced.
- Town water and sewer facilities are being operated. Staffing and some procedures have been adjusted to reflect COVID-19 best practices advice from public health experts, but the public should notice no change in service.
- Public Works Department employees are "on call" to perform urgent maintenance services, as needed.
- Brooks Memorial Library curbside take-out services are suspended until further notice.
- Assessor's Office deadline for businesses to submit personal property tax data to the has been postponed from April 20 to July 20.
- Burn Permits are still required for any open air fires. To apply for a burn permit, visit the Fire Department's website at www.brattleborofd.org.
Editor's note: Given the fluid nature of the response to COVID-19, please check ahead with all establishments before attending any event.
Windham Southeast Supervisory Union Board: 1 p.m. at the Vernon Elementary School.
Vernon Select Board: Special meeting, 6 p.m., with a conference call hosted in the Select Board room at the Vernon Town Hall.
The Reformer's Meetings Box is offered as a service and in no way meets the official requirements of warning a meeting.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.