Holiday Open Studio set for Nov. 22-23
GUILFORD — The 20th annual Holiday Open Studio will take place on Friday, Nov. 22 from 3 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Carol Schnabel's studio at 410 Green River Road.
Among this year's participants:
- Nelly Detra, a professional weaver in northeastern Vermont whose contributions to the sale will include woven dish towels and shoulder bags.
- Hanna Jenkins, a farmer florist, who uses dried flowers and foraged treasures to adorns non-traditional handwoven everlasting wreaths and other forms.
- John Dimick, a watercolor aritst who paints with the Brush and Palette Painters in Brattleboro, belongs to the Saxtons River Art Guild, and is a signature member of the Vermont Watercolor Society.
- Susan Fenton, a graphic designer whose offerings will include small painted furniture pieces as well as cards and book marks.
- Nancy Detra, an artist and frequent participant in events and classes at the River Gallery School in Brattleboro whose recent work is inspired by a trip to Tuscany
- Carol Schnabel, who has been in business as a weaver for close to 40 years and continues to enjoy the process of designing and creating new things for the body and home.
For information visit carolschnabelhandweaving.wordpress.com or call 802-257-1894.
The studio is not ADA accessible.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.