House destroyed in morning blaze

Posted
Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.  

Reformer staff

STRATTON — A guest house was destroyed in a fire Sunday morning.

At about 9:55 a.m., the Winhall Police and Rescue responded to a structure fire on Mountain Road in Stratton. The department said smoke was showing heavily upon arrival then shortly thereafter flames burst through the roof.

Personnel from Stratton Fire Department, Winhall Fire Department, Jamaica Fire Department, and West Dover Fire Department helped fight the fire.

"There was some difficulty getting enough water to the scene to fight the fire," a press release states. "Despite heroic efforts by all of the firefighters involved, the building was a total loss. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined."

Advertisements

TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.




Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions