Nonprofit kicks off with clean up and early planting
Come any time from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and stay as long as you wish. Two dates and two locations: Saturday, April 21, at the Brattleboro Co-op, 2 Main St, and Sunday, May 6, at Turning Point, 39 Elm St. Limited street parking on Flat Street or use the municipal lot - free on Sundays.
Tasks at each garden include:
- Clean up and pile debris/trash for hauling.
- Renew compost and soil layer on the sheet-mulched beds.
- Lay down wood chips on the CO-OP paths.
- Set up pea fencing and plant peas.
- Plant other suitable early seeds.
- Create and fill several container gardens.
- Put up new signs.
- Hand out brochures and sign up new volunteers.
For more information or to sign up, contact Marilyn Chiarello at email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.