- At 9:30 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 9 in Marlboro for a report of a single-vehicle rollover. Troopers determined Benjamin Greene, 22, of Wilmington, was traveling east when he lost control of his vehicle while in a curve in the roadway. As the vehicle began to slide, it left the eastbound travel lane and crossed into the westbound travel lane, striking the bumper of a UPS truck that was traveling westbound. After striking the UPS truck, Greene's vehicle went up onto the embankment onto the north side of the westbound lane and overturned onto the driver door and came to rest facing west. Marlboro Collision and Vermont State Agency of Transportation workers assisted at the scene. There were traffic delays in the area for approximately 45 minutes as a result of this crash.
- At 11:45 a.m., officers with the Brattleboro Police Department were dispatched to the intersection of Oak Street and Chapin Street for a motor vehicle crash. Upon arrival officers found that the single vehicle involved had struck a residence in the area. The scene was secured with the assistance of the Brattleboro Fire Department and Rescue Inc., and the operator was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a report of an active domestic dispute occurring at a residence. Upon arrival, officers made contact with Adam J. Martin, 44, of Brattleboro. During the investigation, Martin became aggressive towards the officers on scene and was subsequently sprayed with pepper spray and stunned.
He was cited with domestic assault, attempted assault on a police officer, cruelty to animals, interference with emergency services, burglary, unlawful mischief and unlawful restraint.
- The Vermont State Police responded to a report of a residential burglary on Johnson Curve Road in Dummerston. Televisions, cash and miscellaneous items were stolen from within the home.
Anyone who might have information is urged to call the State Police at 802-722-4600, ext. 522. Your information can be kept anonymous.
- At 7:45 p.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 10 at the Winchester/Swanzey town line. As a result, Dennis Lee Whitney, of Hinsdale, N.H., was cited with violating a protective order, domestic violence, assault and stalking.
- The Keene, N.H., Police Department cited Stephen Pro, 24, of Hinsdale, N.H., with willful concealment.
- At 3 p.m., the Vermont State Police and the Putney Fire Department responded to Hi-Lo Biddy Road in Putney for the report of a child having been backed over by a vehicle in a driveway on private property. The child was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, treated for minor injuries and released.
- At approximately 2 p.m., Brattleboro Police, Rescue Inc. and Brattleboro Fire Department responded to the intersection of Canal Street and Clark Avenue for a report of a pedestrian struck by a car. During the investigation, the pedestrian, Mark Allen, 41, of Brattleboro, reported he had no injuries. Allen was treated on scene by Rescue Inc. and released. Jason Stover, 41, of Brattleboro, was attempting to make a turn onto Canal Street from Clark Avenue and when doing so, his 2010 Honda Insight struck Allen, causing him to fall to the ground. There was no damage caused to the vehicle.
- At 10:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a disabled vehicle at the Agency Of Transportation garage in Townsend. After an investigation, troopers determined that the registered owner, Andrew Persson, 41, of Townshend, was operating his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. He was issued a citation to appear in court to answer to the charge of DUI.
- The Vermont State Police is investigating a burglary that occurred at a residence on Newfane Hill in Newfane sometime during the daytime hours of Oct. 31. A window at the rear of the house was broken and entry to the house was made. No property was reported stolen but drawers and closets had been rummaged through. Anyone who might have information is urged to call 802-722-4600.
- At 11:30 a.m., Keith Cretelle, 41, of Bellows Falls, was driving a 1997 Subaru Legacy, traveling south on Interstate 91, when Eric Tidswell, 41, of Peru, Maine, approached his vehicle traveling in the same direction. Tidswell was driving a 2005 jeep and was not paying attention to the road and crashed into the rear of Cretelle's vehicle, which had rear-end damages. Tidswell's vehicle had front-end damage. Tidswell was issued a ticket from the Vermont State Police for following too closely.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or news@reformer.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.