All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
- At just before 1 a.m., a deputy with the Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Megan M. Metcalfe, 26, of Hinsdale N.H., and cited her with operating a vehicle with a criminally suspended license.
- At 11:30 p.m., a deputy with the Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Michelle L. Boulrice, 39, of Putney, and cited her with driving under the influence.
- A deputy with the Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to a single-vehicle crash in Westminster. As a result, Jordan Chapman 31, of Swanzey, N.H., was arrested and cited with driving under the influence, negligent operation of a vehicle and cruelty to a child.
- On Dec. 30, the Brattleboro Police Department received a report of a retail theft at a business on Main Street. After reviewing surveillance video, police cited Trent W. Johnson, 29, of Brattleboro, with retail theft.
- The Wilmington Police Department received a report that a person alleging domestic assault was in Brattleboro seeking help. During an investigation, police determined there were two separate assaults that had taken place, one on Dec. 30 in which the victim accused John R. King, 45, of causing significant injuries, including a concussion and a loss of vision. On Jan. 6, King allegedly punched and choked the victim. King was arrested and transported to Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield and held without bail after arraignment on Jan. 8. King was cited with two charges of first degree aggravated domestic assault. The investigation continues and additional charges may be result.
- At 8:40 am, a member of the Vermont State Police, Westminster Station, came upon a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 91 northbound at mile marker 17 in Dummerston. Investigation revealed that a 2003 Honda Civic was being operated northbound on I-91 by Hailey Perry of Meredith, N.H., when she lost control of her vehicle as it entered the slush on the edge of the roadway. Perry's vehicle exited the west side of the roadway, traveling into the median where it impacted an earthen bank which caused it to roll over. Perry was restrained in this crash by her shoulder and lap belt and sustained no injuries. The vehicle is considered a total loss and was towed from the scene by Al's Towing of Vernon.
- At 12:06 a.m., Vermont State Police Troopers from the Westminster Barracks were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash in the area of 287 Rockingham Road near Webb Terrace in Rockingham. The operator, Dakota Adams, 30, of Keene, N.H., advised he hit a patch of ice and started to cross the center line, when he tried to correct this action the 2000 Toyota Tundra fish tailed and went into the rock ledge. The Adams had no injuries and refused medical treatment.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.