- At 12:43 a.m., a Wilmington Police Officer was patrolling Route 9 east near Lake Raponda Road. While in the area he observed a vehicle that he had been advised by dispatch to be on the lookout for. The vehicle was suspected to be involved in an incident in Dover from which it had fled the scene. The officer conducted a motor vehicle stop on the vehicle to assist with the investigation. During the investigation it was found that the operator's license was criminally suspended. The operator Tesfa Jacobs, 27, of Wilmington, was arrested and transported to the Wilmington Police Department for processing. Jacobs was released on a citation to appear in Windham District Court at a later date to answer the charges.
- At 7:24 p.m., Brattleboro Police arrested Adam F. Bozetarnik, 39, of Dummerston, for suspicion of driving under the influence after stopping his vehicle for a motor vehicle violation on West River Road. Bozetarnik was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. He was released on a citation to appear in court at a later date to answer the charge.
- Brattleboro Police responded to a residence on Upper Forest Street for a citizen dispute. During investigation it was determined that Alexander M. Munroe, 28, of Brattleboro, had assaulted his girlfriend. Munroe was placed under arrest and was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. He was issued conditions of release, ordered held until sober and was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- At approximately 3:45 p.m., a Wilmington Police Officer stopped a vehicle on North Main Street for a defective equipment violation. The vehicle had also been observed by a concerned citizen in a business parking lot earlier, the occupants possibly conducting a drug transaction. During the interaction with the two occupants police became suspicious of drug activity. Police were able to recover crack cocaine from the passenger and the operator of the vehicle. As a result of the investigation Adam Florence, 40, of Searsburg, and Zachary Kathan, 30, of Wilmington, were both charged with possession of cocaine (crack). Florence was also charged with two violations of conditions of release as he is under current conditions of release from a pending selling/dispensing crack cocaine charge from October 2018. Both suspects were issued citations to appear in Windham District Court at future dates to answer the charges.
- Officers from the Bellows Falls Police Department arrested Keith Atkins, 64, of Bellows Falls, on a warrant that had been issued out of the Windsor Superior Court. The warrant was for failing to appear on a charge of assault with bodily fluids. Bail was set at $1,000. Atkins was transported to the Windham County Superior Court where he was turned over to Windham County Sheriff's Deputies.
- Officers from the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Second Level Drive for a report of a disturbance. Following an investigation Mitchell Barber, 26, of Brattleboro, was arrested for disorderly conduct and unlawful trespass. Barber was ordered held on $200 bail and ordered to appear at the Vermont Superior Court — Windham Criminal Division at a later date.
- On Dec. 28, 2018, Brattleboro Police executed a search warrant at a residence on Oak Street after receiving a complaint of an assault that took place on Dec. 25, 2018. It was reported the female victim was forced to fight another person while a male, identified as Chyquan Cupe, 21, of Hartford, Conn., was threatening her and the person she had to fight with a gun. During the search warrant police recovered multiple guns from the residence. Also found was approximately 220 grams of crack and crack cocaine and several unprescribed drugs to include oxycodone, morphine and amphetamine. At the time, Cupe was not at the residence and a warrant has been requested for his arrest for the charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful restraint, reckless endangerment, possession of cocaine, possession of a controlled or regulated drug and contempt of court. Two subjects were arrested at the time of the search warrant: Peter James, 40, of Brattleboro, for possession of crack cocaine, and Cornelia Rivera, 50, for possession of heroin. Both were issued citations to appear in court at a later date.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.