- The Brattleboro Police conducted a stop on a vehicle due to an equipment violation. Subsequent investigation revealed that the operator, Nicholas H. Dickinson, 37, of Brattleboro, was intoxicated while operating his vehicle. Dickinson was placed under arrest, and transported to the Brattleboro Police Department. There he was processed, and released on a citation for DUI.
- The Brattleboro Police Department observed a vehicle operating in an erratic manner on Canal Street. Due to the operation, Police initiated a motor vehicle stop. The vehicle fled from Police, before becoming stuck in the snow on South Main Street. Investigation revealed that the operator, identified as Derick Fisher, 24, of Brattleboro, was under the influence of alcohol. Fisher was placed under arrest for DUI, gross negligent operation, attempting to elude, and not having a license. Fisher was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department. There he was processed, and released on a citation, along with court ordered conditions of release. Fisher will appear in court at a later date.
- Officers with the Brattleboro Police Department arrested Justin E. Clough, 39, of Brattleboro, and cited him with disorderly conduct for walking down Canal Street while yelling and screaming profanities.
- At about 3:06 p.m., members of the Vermont State Police and the NewBrook Volunteer Fire Department responded to Route 30 in Newfane for a two-car motor vehicle crash. Investigation revealed that Robert Litchfield, 69, of Newfane, who was driving a 2002 Ford Windstar had stopped to make a left turn onto Back Street. Joe Hardy Jr., 55, of East Hartfod, Conn., who was driving a 2000 Freightliner attempted to pass Litchfield on the left and collided with the driver's side of Litchfield's car as Litchfield began making a left turn onto Back Street. Both operators stated they were not injured and declined medical attention.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a motel on Putney Road in an attempt to locate Shawn W. Johnson, 34, of Brattleboro. Johnson was located and determined to be in violation of his court ordered conditions of release. Johnson was arrested for violating these conditions and will appear in court at a later date.
- At 6:20 p.m., a trooper with the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Putney Road in Brattleboro. As a result, Sarah A. Blais, 30, of Putney, was arrested and cited with operating a vehicle with a criminally suspended license and violating the conditions of her release.
- The Vermont State Police conducted an investigation based upon a child's allegation of unwanted contact of a sexual nature. As this investigation concluded, it was determined that Andy LaGore, 38, of Brattleboro, subjected the child to unwanted sexual contact. LaGore was issued a citation and was given conditions for his release by the Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division. LaGore was ordered to appear in court on Feb. 8 at 12:30 p.m.
- Shane M. Kelcey, 37, of Brattleboro, was issued a citation for simple assault. The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a two-car motor vehicle crash on Winding Hill Road. Subsequent investigation revealed that Kelcey assaulted the operator of the vehicle who ran his vehicle off the road.
- Just after midnight, a member of the Vermont State Police and the Westminster Fire Department responded to the Interstate 91 Access Road in Westminster for a car versus deer crash. The operator reported that as he was traveling northbound, a wild deer crossed onto the highway in front of him and he was unable to avoid it. Investigation revealed that a vehicle being driven by John Sykes, 54, of Rockaway, N.J., was traveling north at about 70 miles per hour when he struck a deer. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Sykes' vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At about 5:13 pm, a member the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 (southbound) in Brattleboro, Windham County. Investigation revealed that the operator, identified as Cleo King, 33 of Brattleboro, has an outstanding warrant for her arrest. On Nov. 16, Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division issued a warrant for the arrest of Cleo King on the charges of aggravated assault and simple assault King was arrested without incident and subsequently transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield in lieu of bail.
- The Vermont State Police responded to an address in Wardsboro for the report of a stolen four-wheeler. Investigation revealed that sometime during the previous evening a green 2003 Honda TRX350 ATV was stolen. Anyone with information regarding this theft is encouraged to contact the Vermont State Police Westminster barracks by telephone. Information can also be provided through the Vermont State Police website.
- At about 1:40 a.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 south, near mile marker 12, for speeding and a marked lanes violation. The operator, Cassandra Ivanovsky, 49, of Montpelier, was arrested for suspicion of DUI. Ivanovsky was processed for the offense and issued a citation to appear in court at a later date and time.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.