All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At 1:38 a.m., the Brattleboro Police Department was on patrol in Brattleboro when they noticed that a vehicle had crashed on Putney Road at the Edward Baker Square. The vehicle had crashed into several signs, including the Park Place sign, and the Edward Baker Square sign. The vehicle was later found abandoned on Upper Dummerston Road. Upon further investigation it was found that Timothy Brown, 53, of Jamaica, had driven the vehicle that night. Brown had crashed the vehicle into multiple signs and had driven away from the scene. Brown had left the vehicle and was later located at his residence. Brown was issued a citation for leaving the scene of an accident, and to appear in court at a later date.
- At 1:20 p.m., Arthur Degraff III, 59, of West Hartford, Conn., was arrested by the Windham County Sheriff's Office after the vehicle he had been operating was observed traveling 84 miles per hour in the posted 50-mph speed zone. He was released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- At 2:30 a.m., officers from the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Cotton Mill Hill for a subject breaking into cars. Subsequent investigation led to Nicholas Prue, 33, being issued a citation to appear in court at a later date for grand larceny and unlawful mischief.
- The Brattleboro Police Department received multiple complaints about vandalism that had happened in the downtown area. Upon further investigation it was found that a windshield of a vehicle parked in the parking garage had been smashed. Upon further investigation it was founded that a juvenile male had smashed the window on the vehicle; he had also caused damage to the paint. Police later located the juvenile and issued him a citation for unlawful mischief. The juvenile is to appear in family court at a later date.
- Lawrence Harvey, 59, of Chesterfield, N.H., was cited by New Hampshire State Police for DUI - impairment, on Main Street in Keene, N.H.
- Marissa Schmidt, 51, of North Walpole, N.H., was cited by New Hampshire State Police for driving after suspension, DUI - impairment, and suspension of vehicle registration on Route 9 in Sullivan, N.H.
- John Parker, 44, of Guilford, was cited by New Hampshire State Police for speeding, driving after suspension and open container, on Route 9 in Keene, N.H.
- Cody Bellows, 24, of Guilford, was cited by New Hampshire State Police for DUI, on Railroad Street in Keene, N.H.
- Officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence on Western Avenue for the report of an assault. Officers met the with the female victim who stated that she was assaulted. She received on-scene medical attention for non-life-threatening injuries, but refused to be transported to the hospital. Officers located the suspect identified as Brian M. Griswold, 51, of Brattleboro, and placed him under arrest. Griswold was then transported back to the Brattleboro Police Department where he was lodged. Griswold was held until sober and issued a flash citation to appear in court at a later date.
- The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Michael R. Honkala, 33, of Brattleboro, stemming from an incident that occurred on Nov 27. Through investigation it was determined that Honkala had assaulted his girlfriend. She was not treated for injuries. Honkala was placed under arrest and was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. He was released on conditions of release and a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- At about 4 a.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence for a report of a physical altercation. The complainant, Nathan Shultz, 39, of Brattleboro, reported another male subject had cut him with a knife. Upon arrival officers made contact with the victim who was bleeding from an accidental self inflicted knife wound to his hand. He reported he was attacked by his house mate, Shultz, suffering head and back injury. The victim was evaluated on scene by emergency medical responders. He refused further medical treatment and transport. Shultz was arrested and transported to the Brattleboro Police station where he was processed for domestic assault. Shultz was issued conditions of released and a citation to appear in court.
- At about midnight, officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence on Crescent Drive for a report of a violations of conditions. Subsequent investigation revealed that Michelle A. Carrasquillo, 36, of Brattleboro, violated her court ordered conditions of release in that she had contact with a male that she was not allowed to. Carrasquillo was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department where she was processed, issued a citation and conditions and released. Carrasquillo was ordered to appear in court the next day to answer to the charge.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.