All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business in Harmony Lot for a theft complaint. Through investigation police were able to determine that Karissa M. Littleton, 21, of Whitingham, stole an item from the business. Littleton was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- The Brattleboro Police Department took a report of a theft of material from a business on Putney Road. Upon investigation, Robert Chase, 57, of Brattleboro, and Tami Gray, 52, of Brattleboro, were arrested for grand larceny. Both Chase and Gray were issued citations to appear in court at a later date.
- At 8:11 p.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Paul R. Sargent, 37, of Putney, for driving with a criminally suspended license and for possessing an active arrest warrant. The deputy on duty observed an equipment violation and conducted a motor vehicle stop on Main Street in Putney. The subsequent investigation lead to Sargent's arrest. Sargent was transported to Southern State Correctional Facility for the warrant and cited to appear in court at a later date to answer for the charge of driving with a criminally suspended license.
- At 3:18 p.m., Brattleboro Police responded to Flat Street for a report of a possible physical altercation. It was stated that Karrisa Littleton, 21, of Whitingham, had struck her boyfriend. While talking with Littleton, she had become agitated and was arguing and swearing with Brattleboro Police Officers. Littleton continued to argue and yell and swear in a public space. Littleton was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct, and while being placed under arrest, Littleton tried to pull away from police officers several times. Littleton was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Littleton will appear in court at a later date.
- The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Joshua R. Stratton, 33, of Brattleboro for operation after revocation or suspension of license following a traffic stop. Stratton was placed under arrest and was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. Stratton was issued a citation to appear in court on at a later date.
- At about 8:25 p.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Canal Street for a report of an intoxicated person. Subsequent investigation revealed that Lynn S. Norman, 60, of Brattleboro, violated her court ordered conditions of release in that she had consumed alcohol when she was ordered not to. Norman had also been on a property where she had been trespassed from. Norman was transported to the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital for further medical attention for intoxication. Norman was issued a citation and released. Norman is scheduled to appear in court at a later date.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence on Frost Place for a report of a larceny from a motor vehicle. During the investigation, it was determined that Misbah A. Abdul-Kareem, 34, of Wilmington had entered a vehicle and stolen items. Abdul-Kareem was later located and arrested for larceny and also for violating his current conditions of release stemming from another case where he had stolen items from a vehicle. Abdul-Kareem was released with conditions and ordered to appear in court.
- At about 1:45 p.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence on Western Avenue for a report of a stolen bicycle. The complainant reported his bike had been taken within the past hour. At about 4:15 p.m., officers located the bicycle in the downtown Brattleboro area. Corey Whidden, 28, of Brattleboro was attempting to sell the bike. Whidden was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date to answer the charge of possession of stolen property.
- At 3:11 a.m., the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a report of people fighting outside of a residence on a private drive in Brattleboro. Subsequent investigation revealed that Xavier Vargas, 31, of Brattleboro had been in a verbal altercation with a 27-year-old female. During the altercation Vargas recklessly caused injury to the female. The female was not brought to the hospital. Vargas was arrested and later released with conditions of release and a citation to appear at court.
- At 9:34 p.m., Brattleboro Police responded to a report of a possible fight in progress at a park on Main Street. Upon arrival officers observed two males arguing loudly. Subsequent investigation revealed that Bobby Smith, 48, of Brattlboro, had threatened violence and used racial slurs against another male subject. Smith was arrested and later released on a citation to appear at court at a later date to the charges of disorderly conduct and hate-motivated crimes.
- At 4:45 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 91 south, near exit 6, in Rockingham. Upon arrival, it was determined that a 1968 Chevy Corvette came upon a downed tree in the right lane of I-91. The operator, Michael Giroux, 60, of Springfield, took evasive maneuvers to avoid the collision with the debris and as a result steered into the median. Giroux sustained minor injury. The Corvette sustained body damage and was towed from the scene. The Department of Transportation was contacted and removed the tree.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.