All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At about 6:53 p.m., the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a parking lot off of Main street for a report of a subject who needed medical attention. Subsequent investigation revealed that Lynn S. Norman, 60, of Brattleboro violated her court ordered conditions of release in that she had consumed alcohol when she was ordered not to. Norman was issued a citation and released.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Main St for a report of a female that was trespassing. It was discovered that Lynn S. Norman, 60, of Brattleboro had previously been trespassed from this property. She was located and issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Heather L. Parker, 22, of Vernon on an extraditable warrant out of New Hampshire. Parker was placed under arrest and was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. Parker was ordered held in lieu of $500 cash bail.
- At about 1 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a Fort Bridgeman Road residence in Vernon for a report of a report of a domestic dispute. Subsequent investigation revealed Karen L. Steele, 63, of Vernon had assaulted a family member. Steele was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. Steele was later released with a citation to appear in court at a later date and time.
- At about 1:22 a.m. the Vermont State Police observed a vehicle traveling northbound on Interstate 91 near mile marker 28 at a high rate of speed. Troopers captured this vehicle's speed on radar going at 98 miles per hour in a posted 65 MPH zone. Troopers then got behind the vehicle and observed the vehicle to be darting and weaving from the travel lane into both the passing lane and the shoulder of the roadway. The vehicle nearly collided with the railing of a bridge portion on the interstate. Troopers initiated a traffic stop with the vehicle near mile marker 31 and met with the operator, Sarah Liska, 26, of Newtown, Conn. Liska displayed several indicators of impairment and was subsequently found to be under the influence of alcohol. She was transported to the State Police Westminster Barracks for processing. Liska was released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- The Vermont State Police received a report of a stolen vehicle from a residence out of Vernon, identified as a 2006 blue Audi AA4 Convertible. Subsequent investigation revealed Krystal L. Nadeau, 34, of Vernon was operating the vehicle without owner's consent. The vehicle was subsequently returned and Nadeau was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date and time.
- At 1:35 p.m., Jude Tyler, 55, of Dummerston was operating his 1987 Honda motorcycle without a helmet, traveling south on Camp Arden Road in Dummerston. Tyler lost control of the bike and struck his forehead on the dirt road surface. Tyler was cited and released at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital for the violation of operating on a criminally suspended license.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.