All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At about 1 p.m., officers from the Brattleboro Police Department were dispatched to a business on Canal St. for a theft. Subsequent investigation found that Justin J. Perdue, 28, of Brattleboro had stolen a wallet. Perdue was arrested for two counts of petit larceny, trespassing and two counts of attempted larceny. Perdue is scheduled to appear in Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division on Aug. 11.
- At about 1:05 a.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to the parking lot of a business on Canal Street for a report of a suspicious vehicle. Officers approached the subject in the vehicle and identified him as Justin M. Grover, 40, of Brattleboro. Further investigation revealed that Grover was in possession of fentanyl, a semi-automatic firearm, a large capacity magazine, and ammunition. These items were seized, and Grover was issued a citation for possession of a narcotic and possession of a weapon while committing a crime, and released. Grover is scheduled to appear in Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division on Aug. 11.
- At about 10:20 p.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Canal Street for a trespassing complaint. Subsequent investigation showed that Christopher Rigali, 41, of Brattleboro, was present at the business in spite of an active no-trespass order. Rigali was issued a citation for unlawful trespass and released. Rigali is scheduled to appear in Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division on Aug. 11.
- Just after midnight, officers of the Brattleboro Police Department were on patrol on Putney Road and observed a vehicle operating without its lights activated. Officers stopped the vehicle, and subsequent investigation revealed that the operator, Gerald C. Sargent, 34, of Brattleboro, had a criminally suspended license. Sargent was arrested and later released with a citation for driving with license suspended criminally, and is scheduled to appear in Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division on Aug. 11.
- At about 10:09 p.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a local bank for a report of a disorderly male subject. Prior to arrival of police on scene, the male subject left on foot. While investigating the incident, the Brattleboro police dispatch received another complaint of a disorderly male at a nearby business. The male matched the description of the male from the bank. A third report of the same male acting disorderly was received by dispatch from another location. The third location, a local hotel, identified the male as Christopher Rigali, 40, of Brattleboro, whom they had recently trespassed from their property. Dispatch confirmed Rigali had been previously trespassed from the Hotel. Rigali was later located walking on Putney Road in Brattleboro. He was arrested and transported to the Brattleboro police station, where he was processed for the offenses. Rigali was issued additional trespass warnings and released on a citation to appear at the Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division on Aug. 11.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.