All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
- The Brattleboro Police Department observed a vehicle commit a traffic violation on Canal Street. After a traffic stop was initiated, the operator of the vehicle was identified as Addison Coombs, 27, of Brattleboro. Records indicated Coombs' operator's license was under criminal suspension. Coombs was placed under arrest and transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing. Coombs was released with a citation ordering him to appear in court.
- The Brattleboro Police Department responded to the common area of an apartment complex on Oak Street for a drug complaint. Upon arrival police located several individuals who with permission from one of the residents had set up a tent in the common area and was residing in it. Trent Johnson, 29, of Brattleboro, was found to be in possession of suspected crack cocaine, however he claimed that it was not. Johnson was placed under arrest for suspicion of crack cocaine, and transported to the Brattleboro Police Department. At the department the suspected crack cocaine was examined, and it was determined that it was not crack cocaine, however a substance resembling crack cocaine. Investigation revealed that Johnson planned on either selling or trading the substance that resembled crack cocaine. Johnson was issued a citation for possession of a non-controlled substance with intent to distribute as a controlled substance.
- Officers of the Brattleboro Police Department were on patrol on Frost Street when they encountered Melvin H. McCall, 39, of Brattleboro. McCall had an outstanding warrant out for his arrest. McCall was arrested and held in lieu of bail.
- Between the hours of 8 and 9 a.m., a male subject went into the Circle K on Route 30 in Dummerston to purchase gas, some beverages and two lottery tickets using a counterfeit $100 bill. The identity of this male is unknown at this time. The unknown male was seen getting into a silver pickup truck. If anyone has any information on who this male may be, call the Westminster State Police barracks.
- At about 6 p.m., Vermont State Police troopers responded to the Rodeway Inn in Rockingham to investigate a report of possible drug activity. As a result of the investigation, Troopers conducted a consensual search of a room at the motel, locating narcotics and paraphernalia associated with drug use. Jeffrey Matteson, 23, of Springfield, was issued a citation for misdemeanor possession of heroin and possession of hallucinogens: bath salts.
- At about 8:10 p.m., Vermont State Police troopers observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on Interstate 91 southbound in Putney. The vehicle was traveling in excess of 100 miles per hour and was unable to maintain its lane, nearly striking other vehicles in the roadway. The operator Jamie Abrar, 20, of Scotch Plains, N.J., was arrested for negligent operation and excessive speed. Abrar was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
- At 8:41 p.m., the Vermont State Police received a call from an off-duty Windham County deputy sheriff reporting an erratic operating vehicle traveling on Interstate 91 in Putney. State Police stopped Troy J. Thibodeau, 25, of Rockingham, at the weigh station on Interstate 91 northbound and determined that he had been drinking. Thibodeau was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, violation of conditions of release, and careless and negligent operation. Thibodeau was transported to the Westminster State Police Barracks for processing. Thibodeau was later released with a criminal citation and is scheduled to appear in court.
- At 11:47 p.m., Vermont State Police troopers from the Shaftsbury barracks were dispatched to a report of an unresponsive male in the driver seat of a vehicle in the parking lot of 180 Main Road in Stamford. Upon arrival, troopers made contact with the male who was identified as John Foote, 52, of Whitingham. Investigation revealed that Foote operated a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. Subsequently, Foote was arrested and processed for a second DUI. Foote was issued a citation to appear in court. Members from Stamford Fire Department, North Adams Rescue and Northern Berkshire Rescue assisted at the scene.
- The Vermont State Police responded to a motor vehicle crash on Interstate 91 northbound in Rockingham. Alex Rumrill, 22, of Springfield, stated that he fell asleep while driving and does not remember if he started in the right lane or left lane. He woke up as the car went over the drain in the median and came to a stop when he hit a tree in the median. A witness who was traveling behind the vehicle stated they were going roughly 70 miles per hour when the car drifted over the left lane and into the median. Rumrill was driving a 2003 Saab, which was totaled. He reported having minor back pain and was transported to Springfield Hospital.
- At 1:12 a.m., the Keene, N.H., Police Department arrested Emily Rounds, 21, of Brattleboro, for an open container.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.