State: No additional virus cases in Windham Co. cluster
MONTPELIER — There are no new additional positive tests in a COVID-19 cluster reported in Windham County, state health commissioner Dr. Mark Levine said Wednesday.
During Gov. Phil Scott's thrice weekly briefing on its response to the pandemic, Levine said that as of Wednesday, there had been no new cases beyond the family that has been affected by the virus.
Earlier, Levine said the cases involve family in Windham County, with two adults and four children infected. Additional information about the cluster has not been provided by the state, in order to protect the privacy of the persons affected.
As of Wednesday, Vermont had reported 1,184 cases of COVID-19, with 20 new cases, the Department of Health said on its website. That included a total of 92 cases in Windham County, with three deaths attributed to the virus since the pandemic was declared.
The Department of Health is encouraging all people to continue to follow the four rules of thumb to protect themselves and prevent spread of the virus: wear face coverings, keep a six-foot distance from others, wash hands frequently, and stay home when sick.
The Brattleboro Local Health Office held testing clinics on Sunday and Wednesday. People who have been contacted by the Department of Health do not need an appointment for testing.
Anyone interested in getting tested at one of the pop-up sites across the state can sign up for an upcoming appointment by visiting humanresources.vermont.gov/popups.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.