- Emma Truhan-Swanson of Brattleboro has been named to the Dean's List for the 2018 fall semester at Castleton University. To qualify for this academic honor, the student must maintain a full-time status and a semester rade point average of 3.5. Truhan-Swanson is majoring in history.
- The following students at the Community College of Vermont were named to the fall 2018 President's List: Holly Nolette of Bellows Falls; Isaac Nold of Brattleboro; Kaitlyn Fenstermaker of Dummerston; Tara Aither of Hinsdale, N.H.; Havah Patton of Putney; Olin Ruppert-Bousquet of West Townshend; Caleb Morris of Westminster; Lisa Dumas of Williamsville; Lisa Ryan of Wilmington. This honor recognizes full-time students with a 4.0 grade point average.
- The following students at the Community College of Vermont (CCV) were named to the fall 2018 Dean's List: Keri Ticino of Bellows Falls; Makayla Aldrich, Elijah Burdo, Tia Gilbeau, Krystal Palmisano, Michaela Russo, Emmalee Waite, Jess Weiner, Alden Witman of Brattleboro; Abigail Maken and Sandy Sherman of Brookline; Sierra Butler and Jacqueline Hynes of Hinsdale, N.H.; Gabrielle Blanchard of Londonderry; Aiden McCormack of Newfane; Jennifer Hunt and Tyler Lindsay of Putney; Jessica Diclerico of Saxtons River; Skylar Guida-Dailey and Matthew Young of Townshend; Jake Cassese of West Dover; Tabitha Felisko and Tasha Tobey-Pike of Wilmington. This honor recognizes full-time students with a grade point average between 3.5 and 3.99.
- The following students at the Community College of Vermont (CCV) were named to the fall 2018 Student Honors List: Dakoda Carter of Bellows Falls; Nick Butler, Amanda Conley, Rio Daims, Alia Fielding, Beth Gonyea, Justin Johnston, Monica Kellar, Megan Manley and Caitlin Senni of Brattleboro; Samantha Morse of Hinsdale, N.H.; Nolan Edgar and Corey Powell of Newfane; Katharine Bricker and Mary Lachenal of Putney; Erica Decker, Jade Hicks and Douglas Holway of Vernon; Shanna Gray of West Halifax; John Salzman of Williamsville; Taryn Lawrence of Wilmington. This honor recognizes part-time students with a 4.0 grade point average.
- The College of Our Lady of the Elms in Chicopee, Mass., has named the following students to the Dean's List for the fall 2018 semester of the 2018-2019 academic year. To qualify, a full-time student must earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher, without incompletes. Stephanie Dougherty, class of 2020, Leah Nussbaum, class of 2019, of Brattleboro; Basil Brown, class of 2019, of Jacksonville; Cassandra Sicard, class of 2019, of Vernon; and Karen Grinold, class of 2019, of Wilmington.
- Joshua Burns of Chesterfield, N.H., has been named to Dean's Honor List for the 2018 fall semester at Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio. Burns is majoring in mechanical engineering. This recognition required Burns to maintain a 3.75 GPA and carry a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Michaela Shea-Gander of Brattleboro has been named to the Dean's List for the 2018 fall semester at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. Students who achieve dean's list status have maintained a grade point average of 3.7 or better for the semester. Shea-Gander is a member of the class of 2019.
- The following students have been named to the Burlington-based Champlain College Dean's List for achieving a grade point average of 3.5 or higher in the fall 2018 semester: Christine Downs of Brookline, majoring in Health Care Administration; Connor Greene of Westminster Station, majoring in Communication; Kaya Mulligan of South Londonderry, majoring in Social Work.
- Mary Ellis of Vernon and Emma Zizza of Wilmington have been named to the Dean's List for the 2018 fall semester at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The honor recognizes students who maintained a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Peter-Owen Hayward of Brattleboro, a junior at Syracuse University, has been named to the Dean's lists of both the Newhouse School of Communications and the Whitman School of Management for the 5th consecutive semester. Hayward is also an assistant captain on the SU Men's Ice Hockey team and currently holds the 2018-2019 ESCHL record for consecutive games scored in.
- Caleb Martin of Brattleboro and Danielle Wood of Putney has been named to the Dean's List for the fall 2018 semester at Springfield College in Springfield, Mass. Students named to the Dean's List must have a minimum semester grade point average of 3.5. Martin is studying Computer and Information Sciences. Wood is studying Recreation Management.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.