Dear West River Community,
Please vote June 30 and support your community schools in the West River Valley.
During these uncertain times, our board's aim is to provide stability and direction, and we need the help and support of all voting members. We are excited about exploring future educational opportunities for students of the West River Valley, but it all starts with this critical vote. Please vote June 30 and support your community schools!
If you are a voting member of the WRMUED, here is some important information for your consideration:
- Budget was reduced four times after initial budget of student needs from principals.
- Although ballot says over 9 percent per equalized pupil, total budget is up less than 2.8 percent.
- Cost drivers — many expenses out of board control, declining enrollment, state mandated health care, fewer tuition students.
- We are planning for the future to stabilize tax rate and invest smartly in our students and community. Join us!
- Budget information meeting June 29, 7 p.m., at https://zoom.us/j/91662747347
- Please vote June 30 and support your community schools.
- Please engage in long term planning. Meetings every second and fourth Monday, Zoom, www.windhamcentral.org for agendas, log in and documents.
Again, if you are a voting member of the WRMUED, please consider visiting your town hall and casting this most important ballot. Help us take the next step in the education of our children and the future of our Valley.
Al Claussen, board chair
West River Education District