All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At about 9 p.m., the Vermont State Police - Westminster Barracks was advised that a vehicle had been broken into on Guilford Center Road, in Guilford. The victim's credit card was stolen and subsequently used at the Gulf gas station, Circle K, and Market 32, all located on Canal Street in Brattleboro. The approximate amount stolen was $600. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Trooper Connor Spurr at the Westminster State Police Barracks, 802-722-4600
- At about 3:10 a.m., Bellows Falls Police Department conducted a traffic stop on Rockingham Street. As a result, Johnathan VanAlstyne, of Bellows Falls, was issued a citation for driving while criminally suspended. VanAlstyne's will appear in Vermont Superior Court - Windham Criminal Division to answer the charge.
- On Aug. 2, Vermont State Police received a report of an incident involving the door of a vehicle being damaged on Plumb Road in Whitingham. Upon further investigation, Jonathan Corbosiero, 40, of Whitingham, was cited to appear in court in Windham County for unlawful mischief.
- Following a traffic stop on Route 119 in Hinsdale, Tiffany Scadding, 35, of Brattleboro was taken into custody on multiple arrest warrants for theft. A passenger in her vehicle, Mathew F. Sprague, 29, of Hinsdale, was also taken into custody on an arrest warrant. The Hinsdale Police Department was assisted by the Brattleboro Police Department.
- The Bellows Falls Police Department is investigating an incident where counterfeit money was left at a local business. The denominations were 20s and $5 bills. Anyone with information or having taken a counterfeit bill, is asked to call the Bellows Falls Police Department. Extra caution should be taken when exchanging currency.
- At about a quarter to 1 a.m., the Vermont State Police stopped a vehicle on Interstate 91 southbound in Putney for failing to maintain the proper lane. The operator, Rogelio Ortiz-Morales, 35, of Brattleboro, was issued a criminal citation to appear in court at a later date.
- At 9:47 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a residence in Jamaica for a report of a disturbance. Investigation lead to the arrest of Chet Woodruff, 33, of Newfane, for unlawful mischief, reckless endangerment times two, cruelty to a child times two, and negligent operation. Woodruff was processed at the Westminster State Police Barracks and released on a citation to appear in Vermont Superior Court-Windham Criminal Division.
- On Aug. 21, at about 11:30 p.m., Brattleboro Police stopped a vehicle on Birge Street. The vehicle was subsequently seized for the application of a search warrant. Brattleboro Police executed a search warrant on the vehicle on Aug. 24 and located suspected fentanyl. The passenger of the vehicle, Susan Yeates, 56, of Brattleboro, was later located and arrested on Sept. 17. Yeates was released on court ordered conditions and to appear in court to answer to the charge of fentanyl trafficking.